The easiest way to change your password is to login to a windows machine, hit Control+Alt+Delete, and then select ‘change password’. Remember this will change both your UNIX and Windows passwords. Sometimes it can take a couple minutes for the changes to take effect.
You can also change your password from Linux machines by using the ‘kpasswd’ command. On Sun machines, type ‘kinit’ followed by ‘kpasswd’.
You can also change your password by going to https://asw.iastate.edu/cgi-bin/acropolis/user/password
Follow these steps to reset your Net-ID password. If you forget your password and have not set up a Password Reset Challenge phrase or provided a cell phone number for a text based password reset, you will need to contact the Solution Center.
- Open a web browser and go to asw.iastate.edu and log into Account Services.
- Click on “Manage Net-ID”.
- Click “Change your Password”.
- Enter your current password in the Current Password box, and your new password in the New Password box.
- See disclaimer for passwords requirements.
- Use the grading bar below your new password to gauge its strength.
- Enter the new password in the New Password Again box and click the “Change Password” button when it appears.
- After submitting your new password, set a Password Reset Challenge phrase or a Cell Phone Number for a text-based password reset. If you forget your password, these options will enable you to reset your password without calling for help.
- When are finished changing your password, click the “Logout” button to exit the system.